Sunday, July 3, 2011
Tonight was Oakley's 3rd Birthday party, Camp Oakey Oaks. After church we started setting up. Guests arrived at 7pm and we started the party. I welcomed everyone then we did Present the Colors, just like they do at camp with color guard and everything. We ate hotdogs, chips, ants on a log and strawberry lemonade. After everyone ate David opened the bb gun range. The kids had so much fun with that! David set up rows of bottles for them to shoot at. Next we gathered everyone together for campfire. We sang songs, played games, watched skits and finished by singing Happy Birthday to Oakley. Then we roasted s'mores and had dirt cake. When it got dark we did a couple fireworks and gave the kids sparklers. All our guest stuck around for a while and visited with each other. We got lots of comments about how much fun people had and how great a party it was, so I consider it a success! The only thing I'm seriously bummed about is that I forgot to get a picture of David, Oakley and I together. That makes me sad because we have pictures together at her other birthdays, but there is no changing it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What an awesome birthday party idea! I may have to steal this some day! :)
It was such a great party, 'Naime! I'm glad we stayed for it. I had to steal a couple of your shots for my bloggity-blog-blog! Love you, sistergurl!
Post a Comment