Gma Nilson Elvie (Gma's Sister)
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Hi Y'all!!! It's been a week, so I suppose it's due time for a post! Thursday afternoon my mom, Oakley and I took of on our roadtrip to Salt Lake City, Utah. Oakley screamed for the first two hours, then took an hour nap, she woke up right as we were pulling into our first stop at the gas station, we walked around, got some lunch and snacks, then headed down the road. Oakley watched movies until it got dark. We made our second stop, I got Oakley in pjs and climbed in the back seat to ride with her. I read her stories for a while and then she went to sleep. I worked on my blog book while my mom drove (she never let's anyone drive, she's not a passenger!). We got to my aunt Susan's house around 3:30am Friday morning. We slept for a while and then got up. Aunt Susan cooked us a wonderful breakfast of french toast. We took my Grandma Nilson with us and went shopping at my favorite store in Utah..."Ghetto Square"! I found tons of deals and was thrilled with all my purchases! We drove down to Alpine to see my uncle Joe and aunt Jill. We spent the entire afternoon and evening at their house visiting. Saturday morning we woke up early got ready to go and then went to the family reunion. It was so much fun to spend time with my family. I love them so much! We visited, ate lunch, had snow cones, cotton candy, enjoyed a program about the family, had the family auction, and the kids played games (find money in the sawdust pile, and catch a fish from the "pond" with your hands). My aunt Susan did such a great job getting single little detail together for the big day. You could definitely see all the effort she put into it. It looked phenomenal and was SO much fun! After the reunion we stopped at a Nike outlet quick and then went back to aunt Susan's where we were staying. We decided to pack the car and head home so we wouldn't have to drive all day with Oakley awake. As soon as we left Oakley fell asleep and slept for about 4 hours, woke up and watched a couple movies and then went back to sleep until we got home at 6:30am Sunday. It was a long, long....so very long drive, but I'm so glad that we went and spent time with family.
Gma Nilson Elvie (Gma's Sister)
Gma Nilson Elvie (Gma's Sister)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment