Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today was Oakley's first day of preschool. Although I was scared because she didn't fall asleep until close to midnight, she woke up cheerful and ready for school this morning! I've been preparing Oaks for how everything would go for the last month or so. All the prep work paid off. Her first day was flawless! We signed in, took shoes off, found her hook where we hung her back pack and lunch box, found her spot at the table and she started to journal. This morning she was practicing how to trace the letters in her name. She sat down and got right to work as the other kids were all coming in and getting settled too. Then I told her I was going to leave and would see her after while. We did kisses and hugs, then I headed out. We blew kisses as I headed for the door and she was totally fine. As I walked out the door panic set in....not for Oaks, but for me. "Wait! Am I sure I should leave her? She's so little! Come on Jaime, pull it together she's going to be fine! Right, right...she'll be fine.....right?!" I got in the car pulled around the corner so the other parents wouldn't see and pulled over to cry for a few minutes. Is Oakley really this grown up? My little girl? My first baby...in school? It's crazy! I pulled myself together and continued driving. I was there 15 minutes early to get her. I was watching the clock counting the seconds until noon when I was free to go in there and hug my little big girl. I walked in and there she was....wait no she wasn't! She wasn't waiting right by the door waiting for her mommy she was just busy as can be doing her own little kid thing. Her teacher then told her that I was here and reluctantly she put down her toy and came to give me a hug. Oakley told me she missed me. Awwww : ) ! She went to her hook and got her bag and lunch box and off we went. She talked about all the fun she had and how she wanted to go back tomorrow. Yay!!! Success!!! She did great and this is going to be a great thing for her! I'll get adjusted soon enough I guess.
 



2 comments:

Kacee Garner said...

I love her hair like that. So cute!

Jillian said...

They grow up way too fast!!