Monday, October 17, 2011

Oakley had her casts changed today. She did very well while they used the saw to cut them off. She was kinda scared, but cooperated anyway. She held onto me and closed her eyes. We brought David's hear protection ear muffs and she wore those while they did the saw. I think it helped that it wasn't so loud. After the casts were off I was able to give her a full bubble bath and wash her feet and legs really well before the new casts went back on. I think Oakley loved that because she kept wiggling her toes to feel the other toes. By the time they were done recasting Oakley had fallen asleep. Purple is the color of cast she chose today, by the way. She is doing fine this evening. Next Monday she'll get the casts off for good and get her braces to wear with shoes. We'll find out then what their treatment plan is with those. Here's to the last week of casts!!! (Sorry for lack of pictures, my arms were busy)








1 comment:

Jillian said...

Woo hoo! That is awesome!