This morning the appliances for our house were scheduled to be delivered, so my mom was so kind (love you mom!) to watch Oakley so that she wouldn't have to go wait at the house with me. While I waited for the appliances to arrive I hung the letters that I made for Oakley's room. It turned out way cuter than I thought it would, so that was exciting. The appliances were delivered, they're going to look AWESOME once installed. Anyway (I use that word a lot), once I got back home with Oakley I realized real quick that it was going to be a long day. She was so crabby today, just screaming and kicking and not listening at all and throwing herself on the floor. I was tired and having a REALLY hard time being patient with her today. I know that things will probably settle down in the next couple days, so I just have to hang in there. Luckily my family has been a huge help. Mom and Dad R stopped by around 1:30 to bring Oakley a little present to cheer her up. It couldn't have come at a better time. Oakley was thrilled to see them. She hugged them, thanked them over and over again for her new play dough and just just a delightful little girl. Thank goodness! After they left we played with her new play dough for a little while. Then Oakley wanted to go to the pumpkin patch. She has been asking about going to the pumpkin patch all week. I kept trying to put her off by telling her that the pumpkins weren't orange enough yet. Today she didn't want to hear that excuse. It was raining and I was in no mood to pack that kid around a pumpkin patch, so we took a trip down to Spicer Brothers and Oakley picked out fruit and pumpkins there. The pumpkins were so cheap that I let her pick 5 pumpkins. She had lots of fun. When we got home we did some Halloween crafts for a while. That kept her preoccupied and a lot less crabby for a while. When she decided she was done crafting she played with Grandma Great for a while and then helped me cook dinner. She was pleasant this evening compared to whatever crazy kick she was on today. After Oakley finished devouring a huge dinner, I asked my mom to help me give Oakley a bath of some sort. She hadn't been bathed since Monday morning and the sticky hands and face were begging for a bubble bath. My mom had this great idea to take our giant mixing bowl and fill it up to soak her bottom end in and have her tip her head back to condition her hair. It worked and I think Oakley felt much better after. I don't ever tire of a freshly bathed baby in clean pjs; the smell is heavenly! Oakley read a couple books with grandma and then I took her to bed. It was a long day, but we made it. I could have been a better, more patient and kind mom today, so I'll try harder tomorrow. Oakley is excited to go to preschool tomorrow, so hopefully that will set the tone for a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment