Friday, November 4, 2011

Our 7 year anniversary is in a few days, but I couldn't wait to give David his present, so he got it today! He got some Pirate Booty popcorn, a belt (which Oakley told him he was getting! She said "Your gettin' a belt to hold ya shortz up!"), a framed picture of our first dance at our wedding with a mat that has the lyrics to our song written on it, a gift card to his favorite restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings AND....drumroll.... a huge, beautiful, so awesome, infinitely romantic shadow box of us! I gathered a bunch of my favorite momentos from our teenage, "best friend" days, our dating days and our wedding day and put them together in a large shadowbox. It's 36'' wide by 24'' tall. I wanted to make this a few years ago, but we didn't have our own house and a place to hang it, so I've always remembered it and decided this was the year. I'm so happy with the way it turned out! The only thing that it's missing is David's original wedding band, when he finds it after we move I'll add it in there right next to my original wedding ring.






1 comment:

Jillian said...

That is SOOOO awesome!! What a neat project! I can't believe it has been seven years! That just seems so crazy to me. Aren't we all still newlyweds?!