A few days ago I heard some gurgling in our bathroom. I went in to check it out and found our tub, toilet and sink filled with sewage. I tried plunging it and it was not budging. I couldn't do laundry, wash dishes, shower use the toilet or sinks! Our house was completely out of order. David was out of town and I couldn't do anything about it. Luckily my parents only live around the corner and they were kind enough to let us come and stay. David got home late Friday night and had school on Saturday, so after school David got to work digging trying to find our septic tank. After a lot of digging he found the lid and opened it to find the tank completely full. Oakley and my uncle Bruce helped do some digging. The only place that was didn’t have anything in it was the kitchen sink, so when Oakley got done digging in the mud I gave her a bath in the kitchen sink. Then she pooped in the sink!!! Yes, the only place that didn’t have poop in it now had poop in it!!! Anyway, Sunday David and his dad pumped it down and cleared the blockage that was in the pipe that goes from the house to the tank. We didn’t get it everything finished and cleaned up before the party so we had it at my parent’s house, but tonight I am back at my house doing laundry and enjoying the scent of a completely disinfected bathroom. Hopefully we won’t have to deal with another problem like that for a long time. It really stunk…no pun intended!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment