Our "New" Kitchen Table
(written by David)
Before
(written by David)
Before
After
Here's How To Do What I Did:
It took me a couple hours to sand the top. It was a lot of sanding to do. We stained the top with left over stain from our floor, so it's a perfect match! I scuff sanded all the chairs with 120grit sand paper, then sprayed them with flat Rustoleum spray paint. It took 4 cans, wow 4 cans! After that I was completely high out of my mind, so I came in and got a snack. And then, I lightly sanded them again, to give them the rustic, worn look (the one that every woman desires!) Then I diluted some of the stain with paint thinner, wiped it onto the dried, distressed surface. Then almost immediately wiped most of it off with a clean towel....(I use the term clean towel loosely). When I finished the entire thing then I wiped it down with a polyurethane solution that had been diluted with 25% paint thinner, so that it won't show brush strokes. It makes it lay down nicely. Let dry and ta-da! You have a perfect Shabby-Chic-Farmhouse-Style -Table that I guarantee my wife went totally NUTZO over! The table top still needs to have a clear coat put on it. We're using left over floor finish, that has a 100,00 mile warranty, this crap is commercial it's $100 a gallon.........I don't plan on doing this again any time soon.
PS: This concluded The David & Jaime Kitchen Table Saga.
This is the 4th and final(for now) table!
After all the switcheroo, this one is perfect and after
all is said and done, taking into consideration all our table's costs and selling price,
it only cost us $18 including all the materials! BoooYaaa!!!!
If you find yourself in love with this table.
It is up for sale for the bargain price of only $1,000 obo...
no really. Leave a comment if you're interested!
No comments:
Post a Comment