Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oakley was standing on a 30in bar stool trying to reach something off the shelf. I turned around just in time to see her take a really hard fall straight onto her head. Obviously that hurt pretty bad. She was screaming, shaking and just didn't seem to be calming down. Finally she was able to tell me that not only was it her head that hurt, but her shoulder hurt badly as well. The pain hasn't gone away. She's had a rough evening. I gave her Tylenol and we iced her shoulder for a while. I had Dad R come over, so that he and David could give Oakley a blessing. Oakley did not want them to give her a blessing at all. She didn't want anyone to touch her. Through her screaming they proceeded to give her the blessing and by the time they were done she had calmed down quite a bit and within just a couple minutes of laying on my lap she had fallen asleep. I hope she will get good rest tonight and that she'll be feeling much better tomorrow. I'll call her doctor in the morning, but I'm just so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I'm so happy that Oakley has the privilege of  her daddy giving her blessings.

No comments: