Monday, March 12, 2012

It's been a while since I've done a journal entry about what's going on in our lives, so here's an update:

David: Still laid off. Still lots of guys out of work, so who knows when he'll go back. A few weeks ago David attended his 3rd, and last year, line camp. He passed all the line camp portion of tests, but failed the crane portion of the testing. He passed the written test on the crane certification, but failed the practical portion (the drive test). He wasn't surprised that he didn't pass it, because they don't give the guys enough time to practice with the crane. Almost all the guys failed, but as they do more crane work on jobs they'll get better and can retest next year to get their crane certification. Anyway, other than camp David is still doing Saturday school. That is going well. He's got a couple more months of class and then he'll be completely finished with the book work part of his apprenticeship! That will be very exciting. As far as on the job hours he is at around 4800 hours. If he can get back to work he'll go "Hot" in just a couple months. He was laid off a lot last year, so he is a little behind on where he should be for his hours, but will hopefully get on a good job here soon and make those hours up. Other than his career stuff he's just enjoying his time at home with his girls. He's working on projects around the house and trying to get his garage set up and organized.

Oakley: 42.5lbs, 42in, clothes size 5, shoe size 11 1/2. Preschool is going great, she is loving every minute of it! Oakley is so smart. I've started working with her on learning to read. I can't believe just how much she's picking up...and so quickly! We get to visit and tour our first choice school for Oakley to attend when she starts Kindergarten. It is a private, Christian school that runs PreK thru 12. It's so crazy that we're already having to make arrangements for Kindergarten, but we have to register now to get in for 2014. We're all very optimistic that this is the school she'll got to. I'll let you know how it goes. Other than that Oakley is just the  happiest, healthy little girl that brings so much joy to our life! We love her to pieces.

Jaime: Things have been busy for me lately. It seems like I've had a lot of things going on. My talk went well on Sunday. I got lots of compliments and am so relieved it's over. I'm still in the Primary presidency and staying plenty busy with that. A couple weeks ago I had a curve ball thrown my way. My doctor thinks I may have endometrial (uterine) cancer. I've been seeing a really great doctor since my miscarriage at the beginning of this year and we're trying to work through problems that I've been dealing with for years that no other doctors have been willing to address. It's so nice to finally have a doctor that is actually wanting what's best for me. Anyway, so this morning I went in for the biopsy and should hear back within the next week to ten days for the results. Depending on what the results are I may be possibly looking at a hysterectomy. We'll just have to see. They'e also been running lots of labs on me and they're trying to figure out if I have a blood disease. I test severely anemic, low white blood cell count and my red blood cells and weak and very pale. I've been on iron supplements and it hasn't made any difference, so hopefully we'll be able to figure that out too. Anyway, if you've got extra prayers throw one my way. I'm scared, but also excited that I may be able to start feeling well!

Adoption: There really hasn't been a whole lot going on up until recently. We've talked to potential birth parents several times and thus far nothing has panned out. But for the last month or so we've been in contact with "C". We've gotten to know her  pretty well and talk daily via email and every couple days on the phone. Her official due date is July 2nd (Just 1 day before Oakley's birthday!!!) but after her last doctor's visit she said she's measuring a bit further along and it's looking like it might be the end of June. She is pregnant with a baby girl. She had been talking with another family as well as us, but told us tonight that she is no longer talking with the other family and she is feeling like we might be the family. She hasn't made any final decisions yet and July is a long ways away for a situation like this so we'll just see how it pans out. We're cautiously optimistic, but really just want what's best for C and her baby, even if that means it's with a different family. Our next baby will come our family when it's time. You never know until it happens, but this may be Robertson Baby #2! 

House: Lot's of projects coming down the pike. This Wednesday we're having our new garage doors and opener installed. That will make the front of our house look so awesome! Once we can get a couple weeks of nice weather we'll get the driveway poured. David is working on getting the office built-ins built and installed. I'm very excited for that! The projects are endless, but so is our love for owning our own home! What a fun time!

All in all we are SO BLESSED! We're so thankful for our wonderful families and the Gospel. What a wonderful life we are blessed with. 

1 comment:

Scott and Jillian said...

It was great to talk to you today! I hope everything works out for the best. I know it will, because you are awesome, so you must also have an awesome life...it's required! Love ya lots! <3