Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I've had a really bad headache and cough since early last week. I've tried everything to get it to go away and I've had no such luck! It's just gotten worse every day. Yesterday I wasn't feeling awesome at all when I left to take Oaks to swim lessons, but by the time I got home and finished making dinner I was so sick I thought I was literally going to black out and die! I was laying on the couch and then felt like I was going to puke so I ran into the bathroom dry heaved for a while and then laid down on the bathroom floor because my head hurt so bad that I knew I would pass out if I tried to get up. It hit like a ton of bricks and it sucked! David's dad came over to give me a blessing and also brought me some prescription migraine meds to try to help. After a long, restless night I called my doc first thing this morning to get in for an appt. Come to find out I've got pneumonia! The doctor said that a combination of my high fever and coughing is probably the reason my headache hasn't gone away. He prescribed me a Z-Pak, some Vicodin and told me to take cough syrup and Tylenol. Within a few hours of being home and getting meds into my system I was feeling better and tonight I'm feeling even better than this afternoon. I'm just a little nervous about going to my PreOp appointment tomorrow because I don't think that my doctor will be happy about me having pneumonia 10 days before my hysterectomy. Anyway, I'm happy to be back among the living tonight! I'm so grateful for doctors and drugs!

No comments: