Saturday, May 21, 2011

My mom and I took Oakley to the Family Festival this afternoon. David is there working a food booth and doing balloons. While walking around this afternoon Oakley saw the rides and wanted to go on them so bad. We walked over and bought tickets and then she chickened out and refused to go on any rides. I finally forced her to go on the spinning strawberries. She screamed and cried until it was about half over and then decided it was kinda fun, but didn't crack a smile. Then I tried to take her down the big pink slide, but when we got to the top she absolutely freaked out. The man at the top wouldn't let me take her down unless Oakley said she wanted to go. It was all just a big mess. So after the rides were an absolute bust, we walked over to the petting zoo. Oakley thought that was a lot of fun until the donkey bit her hand! Sheesh!!! It was time to go. When we got home we laid in bed reading stories for a long time. Oakley and I decided we'd have a girls night. We ate at Panda Express for dinner (Oakley has been craving chinese food a lot lately) then went to buy some crafts to do together. We got masks to paint and beads to make necklaces. Oakley very meticulously painted her pirate mask blue and then she strung the beads on her necklace. When we were done she watched cartoons with her grandpa while enjoying some ice cream. David made it home from the festival right as I was getting Oakley in bed so we all snuggled in Oakley's bed until she fell asleep. It melts my heart to see David holding our sleeping angel and hear him say "You're my little precious precious. I love you Oakley." That was a perfect ending to our day.







1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh man I wish I could've have rode the strawberry!