Friday, September 30, 2011
Hi all! I've been doing a lame post here and there, but haven't really done any real "journaling" about what's going on with our family right now. So, here it goes. David is working up in Auburn, Washington for the time being. He figures he'll be up there another month or two. After that he isn't sure. He is getting high line hours and is enjoying the "real line work", as David says. Oakley is absolutely LOVING going to school twice a week! She is learning so much and has become so grown up. Today she got a haircut (another post on that) and it made her look like she's at 5, her height doesn't help! Monday she'll be put in casts for her toe walking. I'm anxious to see how that's going to go and I'm praying that it goes well. Kids are pretty resilient, so I'm probably freaking out more than I should about it all. Anyway, back to updating. During my "free" time while Oakley's at school I've been keeping busy working on things for the house. It's fun to see all my "visions" coming together. I just can't wait to have it done! That brings us to the house. Progress has been very slow since David works 5 days a week and has to commute so far. I can't remember what I last told you about being done, but we've got the furnace and thermostat in now, ceiling fan up in living room, some door knobs on, the door from the addition into the kitchen is now on, tub surround is prepped and ready to be tiled in the main bath, the toilet is in and fully functional!!!, vanity is almost ready to be installed(after being completely rebuilt), kitchen cabinets are almost completely done being installed....I can't think of anything else right now. This weekend we are going to buy the kitchen appliances and David is hoping to get the main bath tub completely tiled. We really hope to be moved in within the next month and a half or so. I'll take some pictures this weekend of what the house is looking like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see an update! I've been really bad about posting, too. Wish we could be there with you guys and I could see your vision in person.
Post a Comment