Sunday, September 4, 2011

This afternoon after church David had a Daddy Daughter Interview with Oakley about starting school. They talked about what school was going to be like, what the routine would be and what would be expected of Oakley. After they talked for a little while David gave Oakley her "Back To School Blessing". This is something that my uncle Joe did with his kids. While I lived with them, when finishing high school, Joe did the same thing with me. It was something that I wanted for my kids one day. David and I talked about it before we had kids and felt that it's a great opportunity for a Father's Blessing and a wonderful way for our children to see their father use his priesthood. With Oakley starting school next week it was time for this very special tradition to start in our family.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I love Back-to-School blessings. It's so neat to hear what Heavenly Father has to say to and about each of the kids. It is very special.

Griffeth Family said...

I am so glad you posted this. My dad did the same thing for me, but I had forgotten about it.