Thursday, April 12, 2012

I've been searching for a chair for at the end of our desk. I wanted a chair like this one
but I didn't want to just go buy this one or one like it. That would be too easy and too cookie cutter for my style. So I've been searching garage sales, thrift stores and craigslist for a vintage treasure! And today I found it
for only $20! I actually don't even mind the fabric that is on it. It is a cool pattern and a nice color, but there is some serious wear on the corners, so it needs to be reupholstered. The legs also need to be sanded and refinished. So, this is my new project! I'm going to learn how to reupholster this and make it into something fabulous! I'm pretty excited about it!

And talking about projects I finally got this neat one done today!




It's a file box for Oakley's school projects that are "keepers"!
I chose a few of my favorites as well as some special mail that Oakley's received. I labeled the folder with the year, grade, school, teacher and her first day picture (I actually picked two pictures from Oak's first day because I couldn't decide which I liked better!!). Anyway, each year I'll add the "keepers" to that year's file and in years down the road Oakley will have all these fun things from her school career. I'm excited to finally have this all organized. 



1 comment:

Jillian said...

What a great idea! I need to do that!